Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    LindsayLohan 0516 300x298

    May 16, 2005

    Does this look like someone who needs to drop a few pounds? Didn't think so. But Lindsay Lohan believes that if she went arm to twiglike arm with some of her fellow streamlined starlets, she'd look like she was carrying extra baggage.

    "... Compared to a lot of actresses my age, I'm actually overweight," the alarmingly slimmed-down teen queen tells Teen Vogue. "There are so many really, really thin girls out there."

    (Perhaps one of them could give the once super-shapely beauty a mirror and a grilled cheese sandwich. Too mean? All right, moving on ...)

    Lohan has dismissed eating-disorder whispers, attributing her skin-and-bones bod to a loss of "baby fat," and she tells the magazine she "feels good" about her new figure because "you can fit into more things."

    When she's not explaining her disappearing curves, Lindsay is attempting to burnish her image by addressing those pesky rumors surrounding her active social life, including her much-discussed club-hopping and supposed trysts with the likes of Bruce Willis (denied by all parties and later retracted) and Christian Slater (also denied).

    "I always want to be perceived as normal and wholesome, because it's relatable," the PR-savvy star tells the Los Angeles Times. "I hope people think I'm wholesome. It's hard after what you read in the magazines, that I'm dating every guy who's like my father's age. But that's not me."

    Still, Lindsay does cop to receiving a stern lecture about her partying ways from Buena Vista studio chief Nina Jacobson before beginning work on the unfortunately subtitled $50 million family flick "Herbie: Fully Loaded," which hits theaters June 22.

    "At the time, I was going out every night because my friends were and I thought if I wasn't going out then I was going to miss out on something," the world-weary actress explains. "I've a lot of younger fans too, but I didn't think about that. I was, like, 17, and I was like, 'Cool, I get to go to a club and hang out with people.' They sat me down and talked to me about it. I was like, 'Yeah, I need to make sure that I'm there on time.'"

    Lindsay also expresses frustration over why she's not taken as seriously as lesser tabloid targets Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson, who, at 20, have just two years on her.

    "It's hard for me to have to watch that," says Lohan, who reveals she would have loved to audition for Natalie Portman's Oscar-nominated role in "Closer." "I work just as hard as those people and sometimes [the media] make it seem that they're more mature because their fan base is more mature and my fan base is younger ... so they're writing about me going out all the time. It's easy to over-publicize me."

    Lohan, who will soon begin work opposite Meryl Streep on the Robert Altman-directed prestige pic "A Prairie Home Companion," insists she's all about the professionalism. "They have put a lot of money into the movie," she tells the paper of "Herbie." "And they need to make sure that the person is going to get the job done and be there. I'm a young kid and I have a lot of pressure ... [but] I know work is work. This is business."


    the link
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    She needs her weight back.

    I mean besides what normally got her attention *cough*, she wasn't the smallest girl but wasn't a big girl either, she had some meat on her bones and looked good, healthy and good. These overly obsessive small look makes them all look sickly.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    The thing that gets me is this statement:
    "... Compared to a lot of actresses my age, I'm actually overweight," the alarmingly slimmed-down teen queen tells Teen Vogue. "There are so many really, really thin girls out there."

    .....to a TEEN magazine. Girls already have enough unrealistic and often unhealthy images forced upon them to question their own self-image, without some skinny actress actually coming out and saying she's overweight.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    She resembles a bobble-head, and even her skin is looking unhealthy now.

    Fear not though - she can't possibly maintain this ridiculous weight.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    i like my women a little chunky...ha....lohan needs a fudge round...
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    and a fudgesicle [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend

    You do not.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •